Sunday, January 04, 2009

Forces of Geek

As of Thursday, I'll be publishing a weekly column over at Forces of Geek. My column will be called Union Jacked and, once it's there, I'll include a link here to help you find it.

Below you can see the official invitation to the site launch proper - which takes place tomorrow.

There are numerous other Geeks lining up to put their own Force behind the project - and it isn't all movie stuff, though, yes, most of it is.

I can't say too much about my first column but here are a few teasers:

- Why won't James Cameron be too pleased with one Superbowl spot in particular this year?

- How like The Hitchhiker's Guide is too like The Hitchhiker's Guide?

- Where my sympathies lie in the Fox/Warners/Watchmen shebang - and you'll probably be surprised by the case I'll make. Or not. But it makes sense.

- A little bit about The Dark Knight and Slumdog Millionaire and why, frankly, they are amongst the worst films of the last year. And I will back that up, I swear.

- How one of the most successful movie franchises in recent years might be getting a severe kicking as a result of Frank Miller's inadequacy - but also how salvation might come in the shape of 3D cinema.

Or, alternatively, that might all be old news by Thursday so I might have a completely different raft of stories. Like Panorama, eh? As the content of this column is topical, it may be changing close to publication.

I'll still be keeping film ick alive here because... er... well. Plans are afoot. But, all the same, I want to see you over at Forces of Geek dot Com.

No comments: