Saturday, November 03, 2007

Here's The Big Mad Max 4 News...

...there is none. It isn't happening. At all. Several details of the film that again won't be are coming out.

I've not been happy with my posts over the last week, so I've decided to call it a day here at film ick. I wanted the site to be something that I simply don't have the time or money to make it into. Maybe, one day, when I have the money, time and necessary support I'll come back with something slicker, but equally passionate and created with the same feelings.

So, now then. I'm outa here. Gone, sure, but hopefully not forgotten.

Thanks very much for you support. Antonello, Paul, Don, Mark... I could go on and on and on and on. You've been great to me over the months. I've enjoyed being in touch with you. I've loved hearing what you have to say. It's been my pleasure to simply get into the back and forth with you.

Goodbye. And thanks again.

Last thought: I saw Diary of the Dead last night. It's quite brilliant indeed - despite a few obvious problems with the overall concept. An angry, passionate, beautiful film that asks a lot of the right questions but doesn't pretend to have all the right answers. The US release is in February; there's no UK date yet; despite the AFM pre-sales hullaballoo, Romero claims to have no ideas for the next one yet and wouldn't want us to hold our breath for it.

I'd like to thank George Romero for being so committed to actually making films worth caring about, thinking about and, actually, loving. Diary repays your love. And it will join you when you stand up against the corruption, hypocrisy and greed.

No comments: